How to make a simple cheese board for two - great ideas for a date night in, or for a light dinner any day of the week. All the tips and tricks for making amazing cheese boards, even when scaling down. No judgements here if you eat this all yourself!
Cheese - pick 2-3
- 2 oz hard cheese (parmesan, pecorino, manchego, etc.)
- 2 oz soft cheese (goat, brie, blue cheese, feta)
- 2 oz cheddar (sharp, white, etc.)
For rest of the cheese board - pick what you love!
- 1/2 cup olives
- 1/2 cup fresh fruit (grapes, strawberries, etc.)
- 1/4 cup dried fruit (dried apricots, dried cranberries, etc.)
- 2 oz meat (salami, pepperoni, chorizo, etc.)
- 2 oz chocolate
- 1/4 cup nuts or chips
- 2-3 tablespoons jam, jelly or honey
- Crackers or bread
- Put 1/2 cup olives and 2-3 tablespoons jam or honey in small, respective bowls. Place on large plate or small cheese board.
- Arrange 2-3 cheeses around bowls, slicing or cutting to make them a little easier to pick up.
- Add additional snacks and meat to fill out board. Fill in spaces with crackers or bread, or serve on the side.
- The idea here is to create a cheese board for two with NO leftovers, but if you have anything left that's no problem. Store any pantry ingredients (bread, dried fruit) as needed, and wrap up the rest of the board to just keep in the fridge.
- A cheese board for two is a great way to use up odds and ends in the kitchen, like leftover sauces or snacks. This is the time to be creative and try new things!