- 1 lb potatoes (I prefer fingerling or any other small ones for this)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 6 cups kale or any mix of greens (I threw in some arugula here)
- 10-12 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 lb salmon, cut into 4 fillets
- Salt and pepper, to taste
For the lemon dijon dressing
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon agave or honey
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Halve or quarter potatoes and toss with 1 tablespoon olive oil, 1 teaspoon of salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper. Bake for 25-30 minutes until roasted, flipping halfway.
- While potatoes are roasting, cook salmon. Heat the remaining tablespoon of oil in a large frying pan over medium high heat. When the oil is shimmering, season salmon with salt and pepper and place salmon in pan (skin side down if you’re keeping the skin on). Reduce heat to medium and sear until salmon is fully cooked, flipping once. This should take 8-10 minutes, depending on how thick your salmon is.
- Make the dressing by combining the mustard, honey, garlic and lemon juice in a bowl or measuring glass. Slowly whisk in olive oil until dressing forms. Season with salt and pepper. Taste and make sure you like it - feel free to add a little more of anything to make it perfect!
- Add kale to a large bowl and toss with about half of the dressing. Massage the kale with your fingers for at least a minute to help it soften. Add in remaining greens (if using), red onion, tomatoes, roasted potatoes and cheese. Toss to combine.
- Divide into four bowls, top with crispy salmon and drizzle with remaining dressing (if desired).