- 4 salmon filets, skin on or off
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 large shallot, diced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon thyme leaves, roughly chopped
- 1 ½ cups whole milk
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 cup marinated artichoke hearts, roughly chopped
- 2 cups baby spinach, chopped
- ⅓ cup grated parmesan
- Season salmon with salt and pepper.
- Heat olive oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Once hot, add salmon (skin side down if your salmon has skin) and cook, flipping once, until just cooked through to your liking. Remove salmon from pan.
- Add butter to pan and reduce heat to medium. Once butter melts, add shallot and let cook for 3-5 minutes until softened. Add garlic and thyme and cook for an additional minute.
- Reserve ¼ cup of milk, and pour remaining milk into the pan. Let mixture simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Whisk together the reserved milk with cornstarch and then slowly add it to the pan, stirring constantly to help thicken the sauce.
- Add artichokes and spinach and cook for another couple of minutes until artichokes are fully warmed through and spinach has wilted. Add parmesan and stir to combine. Taste and add salt and pepper as needed.
- Return salmon to pan to warm through.
- Serve with salad, rice and/or lots of crusty bread!