- ¼ cup fresh grapefruit juice
- ¼ cup mezcal
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 ½ tablespoons simple syrup (see note)
- ¼ cup sparkling water or club soda
- Lime wedges
Chipotle sugar rub
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 1 teaspoon chipotle chili powder
- Combine grapefruit juice, mezcal, lime juice and simple syrup in a shaker over ice. Shake for 15-20 seconds until completely combined and cold. To be honest, you can also just stir all the ingredients together. Totally up to you! Taste and adjust as needed with more lime juice, simple syrup, etc.
- Mix sugar, salt and chipotle powder together on a small plate. Rim glass with lime wedge and then dip in sugar/salt mix.
- Add ice to glass and pour paloma over. Top with club soda or sparkling water. Cheers!
*To make simple syrup: Combine equal amounts of sugar and water over medium heat. Bring to a boil, lower heat and let simmer for 10 minutes until sugar is completely dissolved. Let cool before using. Extra syrup will last in the fridge for two weeks.
*The sugar/salt mix will make enough for multiple drinks. You can store any leftover in an airtight bag or container!