- ¼ cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 3 cups + 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 stick unsalted butter, cubed
- 1 egg
- ¾ cup heavy cream
- ½ cup rose
- 4 oz white chocolate bar, roughly chopped
Strawberry rosé glaze
- 1 bag freeze dried strawberries (1.2 oz)
- 1 ½ cups powdered sugar
- ¼ cup rosé
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Mix sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt and flour in a large bowl. Add butter and mix with your fingers or a pastry cutter until the butter is incorporated with the flour and resembles wet sand. This could take a few minutes, so be patient.
- In a separate bowl mix the egg, heavy cream and rosé. Make a well in the middle of the flour mixture and pour the wet ingredients in. Mix together using a fork, slowly incorporating the dry into the wet as you go.
- When the dough comes together, add the white chocolate and mix to combine. Turn out onto a lightly floured surface and form into a 1-inch thick disc. Cut into 8 wedges.
- Place on a parchment lined baking sheet and bake for 20-25 minutes until lightly brown.
- Cool completely before glazing.
- Make the glaze:
- Pulse the freeze dried strawberries in a food processor until they become a fine powder.
- Add strawberry powder to a bowl with powdered sugar.
- Whisk in rosé, lemon juice and vanilla until a smooth glaze forms. The consistency should be thick but pourable. Feel free to add more rosé if you want a thinner glaze!