A fresh, crunchy greek-inspired salad with creamy, marinated feta. Mixing the feta cheese with the dressing ahead of time adds more flavor without making the salad soggy. Serve over greens, cooked grains and/or alongside roasted chicken. Stays well in the fridge and perfect for meal prep!
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon dill, minced*
- 1 tablespoon oregano, minced*
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoons artichoke oil (from jar of marinated artichokes)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 8 oz feta
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- 1 english cucumber
- 1 15 oz can of chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 6 oz jar marinated artichokes
- 1/2 cup kalamata olives
- Make dressing by combining 2 cloves minced garlic, 1 tablespoon minced dill, 1 tablespoon minced oregano, 2 tablespoons lemon juice, 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar, 2 tablespoons honey, 1 tablespoon of marinated artichoke oil, 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin. Slowly stream in 1/4 cup of olive oil, whisking constantly to emulsify.
- Crumble 8 oz feta in a large bowl. Add 3 tablespoons of dressing and mix gently to combine. Set aside and let marinate for at least an hour.
- To make salad, halve 1 pint of cherry tomatoes, dice 1 cucumber in bite-sized pieces and roughly chop 1 jar of marinated artichokes. Add tomatoes, cucumber, artichokes, 1 can of drained and rinsed chickpeas and 1/2 cup of kalamata olives into bowl with marinated feta.
- Stir everything to combine, adding 1-2 tablespoons of reserved dressing to coat.
- Serve cold or at room temperature with extra dressing on the side.
- You can replace the fresh herbs, with 1 teaspoon of dried dill and oregano if that's what you have available
- This salad stays well in the fridge for a week. Keep any extra dressing on the side to keep the vegetables as fresh as possible
Keywords: greek salad, meal prep