- 6 TB butter, softened
- 1 ½ cups flour
- 1 ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 cup + 2 TB sugar
- 1 egg
- ½ cup milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 lb strawberries, halved
- Preheat oven to 350. Butter a springform pan and set aside.
- Whisk together flours, baking powder and salt.
- In a separate bowl, beat butter and 1 cup sugar until fluffy and pale (about 3 minutes). Mix in egg, milk and vanilla. Add in the dry ingredients and mix until just smooth.
- Pour in pan and arrange strawberries on top, cut sides down. Sprinkle 2 TB sugar on top.
- Bake for 10 minutes, reduce heat to 325 and bake for 50-60 minutes before until golden brown on top.
- Let cool in pan before serving.
- Recipe from Smitten Kitchen and Martha Stewart
This will stay good for 2-4 days at room temp, covered.
The cake also freezes well! I like to cut it into individual slices, wrap in plastic and then store in Tupperware or a large storage bag.