- 2 cups berries (I used blueberries and sliced strawberries here)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup rolled oats
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup coconut oil, melted
- ¼ cup shredded coconut
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Combine berries, lemon juice and honey in a small bowl. Mix and set aside while you prepare the crust.
- Whisk together flour, oats, sugar, baking powder and salt. Add melted coconut oil and mix to combine. Reserve about ½ cup of crust and press the remainder in a parchment-lined 8x8 pan. Press down firmly into an even layer. Bake for 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes, remove crust from oven and pour berries on top. Sprinkle remaining crust/crumble over the top and bake for an additional 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven, sprinkle with coconut and bake for another 5 minutes.
- Let cool completely (preferably in the fridge) before cutting.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container in fridge.
- Recipe adapted from Pinch of Yum