- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 lbs brussels sprouts, stems and outer leaves removed and halved
- ½ teaspoons salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons apple butter
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 garlic clove, minced or grated
- Heat olive oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add brussels sprouts, salt and pepper and arrange in as single of a layer as you can get them.
- Raise heat to medium-high and let brussels sprouts cook for 10 minutes, tossing once or twice. Make sure you don’t toss too much, because you want to give them an opportunity to brown and caramelize.
- Meanwhile, mix together the apple butter, vinegar, maple syrup, cumin and garlic. Stir well to combine.
- When the brussels sprouts are almost done (taste to make sure they are cooking to your liking!), add the apple butter mixture and toss to coat. Arrange everything in a single layer again, and let cook for an additional 5 minutes until caramelized.
- Serve warm or at room temperature, with some extra flaky sea salt if desired.