This cherry tomato confit is an absolute staple in my fridge. Cute lil' cherry tomatoes covered in olive oil and roasted at a low temperature with garlic and fresh herbs, this tomato confit is a workhorse in the kitchen. Top toasts, roasted vegetables or cooked meat or seafood or mix with pasta for quick and easy meals!
- 1 1/2 cups (250 grams) cherry tomatoes
- 1 small bulb of garlic, halved
- 3-4 thyme sprigs
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- Add 1 1/2 cups cherry tomatoes to a small baking dish. Nestle in garlic halves, keeping things in as even a layer as possible. Scatter over 3-4 thyme sprigs. and 1/4 teaspoon salt.
- Pour 1/2 cup olive oil over everything. You want the tomatoes to be almost fully submerged, with just a little bit of tomato not covered in oil.
- Bake for 1 hour, until the tomatoes have started to burst and the top is a little browned.
- Cool completely and then transfer tomatoes and oil to an airtight container. Store in the fridge for up to a week. To use, let the tomatoes sit out for a few minutes to let the oil come back to room temperature.