- 1 1/4 cup rolled oats
- 1/4 cup oat flour or ground oats
- 1/2-1 cup flaked coconut
- 1/4 cup uncooked quinoa
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup dried cherries
- 1 cup chocolate chunks
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup sunflower seed butter (or any kind of nut butter)
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup honey
- Preheat oven to 350. Line a 8x8 pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- Add oats, oat flour, coconut, quinoa, seeds, fruit, chocolate, salt and cinnamon to a large bowl and mix to combine.
- In a separate bowl, combine sunflower seed butter, coconut oil and honey and microwave in 30-second increments, stirring in-between until everything is melted together. Alternatively, you can do this in a small saucepan on the stove.
- Add wet ingredients to dry and stir to combine.
- Transfer mix to baking pan and press down FIRMLY. Use your hands to get everything in an even layer and press tightly. I like to use the bottom of a glass as well to make sure it's packed in.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, until the top is a light golden brown. Let pan cool completely before cutting (I like to stick it in the fridge for a few hours) with a serrated knife. These will still be a little crumbly, so don't worry!
If you don't care for quinoa, you can definitely use another grain like millet or wheat germ. If the idea of grains in your granola bar freaks you out, feel free to leave it out!
You can store these in an air tight container or bag on the counter for up to a week (maybe even a little longer), or in the fridge or freezer if you prefer. They are great to keep individually wrapped so you can grab and go as you please.