- 1 apple, peeled, cored and diced
- 1 teaspoon + 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon + 2 tablespoons flour
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon, divided
- ¼ cup rolled oats
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Combine apples, 1 teaspoon brown sugar, ¼ teaspoon cinnamon and lemon juice in a small bowl. Mix to combine.
- Add 1 teaspoon flour and mix to ensure flour coats most of the apples. Transfer to a small ramekin or oven-safe bowl.
- In the same mixing bowl, add oats and remaining sugar, flour and cinnamon. Mix with a fork to combine. Add melted butter and stir together, making sure everything is mixed well.
- Evenly spread oat mixture on top of apples. Place baking dish on a baking sheet (just in case it bubbles over) and transfer to oven.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, until apples are soft and crumble is lightly browned.
- Serve warm or at room temp, with ice cream if desired.