- ¾ cup rolled oats
- ¼ cup sunflower seeds
- ¼ cup pepitas
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened coconut
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds (see note)
- 1 tablespoon hemp hearts (see note)
- 1 ½ tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon sweetened condensed milk
- 1 tablespoon sunflower seed butter
- 2 tablespoons dried cranberries
- 2 tablespoons dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Combine rolled oats, sunflower seeds, pepitas, coconut, chia seeds and hemp hearts in a small bowl.
- In another bowl, whisk together coconut oil, sweetened condensed milk and sunflower seed butter. Add wet ingredients to dry and mix to combine.
- Spread mixture out in an even layer on baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven, toss gently, sprinkle with dried cranberries and bake for an additional 5 minutes.
- Remove from oven, sprinkle with chocolate chips and then let cool completely. Break apart into desired-sized chunks and store in an airtight container.
The chia seeds and hemp hearts are optional but I love the little texture they add. If you don't have them or aren't into them you can definitely leave out!
Obviously you can scale this recipe up if you need more than a couple of servings.
If you follow the basic ratios you can mix and match with any seeds, nuts, dried fruit, etc. you want. I would keep the 3/4 cup oats to ensure maximum clumpiness though.
Speaking of, the secret to clumpy granola here is not touching it when it comes out of the oven. Let it cool before breaking it up!