Creamy greens, cooked with the flavors of your favorite Caesar salad!
- 1/2 cup mayonaise
- 2 anchovy fillets (or 2 teaspoons anchovy paste)
- 6 garlic cloves, peeled and smashed
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 1/2 cups whole milk
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 shallots, thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 lbs greens, washed and roughly chopped (I use a mix of spinach and kale)
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1/3 - 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Combine mayo, anchovies, garlic and black pepper and blend ( I use a stick blender for this, but a regular blender or food processor are fine too!).
- Add milk and carefully blend again to combine. Set aside.
- Heat oil in a large pan (seriously, it's a lot of greens to fit in there) over medium-high heat. Once hot, add shallots and cook for a few minutes until they just start to brown.
- Add greens and carefully toss to combine. Cover pan and let cook for a few minutes just until the greens start to wilt and you can actually stir them in the pan. Reduce heat to medium, and keep cooking greens until everything is cooked down and any liquid in the pan starts to evaporate.
- Add milk mixture and stir to combine. Let cook for 10-15 minutes, until greens to start to soak up some of the liquid and everything starts to thicken a little bit.
- Add vinegar and cheese and stir, cooking for another minute or two.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.