A sweet and spicy gingerbread cocktail that is just perfect for the holidays. A typical creamy White Russian, spiked with an easy homemade gingerbread syrup. Use extra gingerbread syrup in your coffee or tea for another fun treat!
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup water
- 4-inch piece ginger, peeled and chopped
- 1 tablespoon allspice berries
- 1 teaspoon whole cloves
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1/2 teaspoon whole black peppercorns
Gingerbread White Russian
- 2 oz (4 tablespoons) vodka
- 1 oz (2 tablespoons) coffee liqueur ( I generally use Kahlua)
- 1 oz (2 tablespoons) heavy cream
- 1/2 - 1 oz (1-2 tablespoons) gingerbread syrup
Make Gingerbread Syrup:
- Combine 3/4 cup brown sugar and 3/4 cup water in a small pot or pan. Add a 4-inch piece of ginger, chopped, 1 tablespoon allspice berries, 1 teaspoon whole cloves, 1 cinnamon stick (I like to break in half) and 1/2 teaspoon black peppercorns.
- Bring mixture to a boil, then reduce heat and let simmer for 20 minutes, stirring every 5 minutes or so. Turn off heat and let syrup cool for at least another 20 minutes.
- Strain syrup and store in an airtight container. This will be enough syrup for 6-8 drinks, depending on how sweet you like them. Leftovers will stay great in the fridge for up to two weeks (stir some into your coffee!!).
Make Gingerbread White Russian
- Combine 2 oz vodka, 1 oz coffee liqueur, 1 oz heavy cream and 1/2 - 1 oz gingerbread syrup (depending on how sweet you like your drinks) to a shaker.
- Add ice and shake for 30 seconds or until shaker is ice cold and drink is completely mixed and frothy.
- Strain into glass and garnish as desired. Cheers!
- If you don't like shaken drinks, you can still make this the "old fashioned" way - just combine the vodka, coffee liqueur and gingerbread syrup in your glass of choice and stir very well. Add cream and stir again (or just let it swirl around all pretty like).