A super complex-tasting, flavorful soup made easy with the Instant Pot! Miso paste gives flavor to simple ingredients, including pantry-friendly dried beans. Ready in under an hour!
- 1/4 cup neutral oil
- 1 large white onion, diced
- 2 carrots, peeled and diced
- 2 celery stalks, diced
- 6 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 cup dried navy beans
- 3 tablespoons white miso paste
- 6 cups water
- 2 sprigs thyme
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups kale (torn into small pieces)
- Heat oil in Instant Pot on saute.
- Add onion, carrot and celery and saute for 5-7 minutes, until everything is softened and onions start to turn a light brown.
- Add garlic and saute for another 30 seconds. Turn off Instant Pot.
- Add beans, water, miso paste and thyme and stir to combine until miso has mostly dissolved.
- Close lid (make sure that little knob is on sealing!) and cook on high pressure for 30 minutes.
- Let pressure release naturally for at least 5-10 minutes, and then release manually the rest of the way.
- Taste for seasoning and add salt as needed. Add kale and stir to combine. Let sit for a few minutes to allow kale to wilt.
- Serve with a drizzle of sesame oil and flaky sea salt, if desired.