- 1 medium zucchini
- 1/4 red onion
- 1/3 cup rice wine vinegar
- 1 tsp sugar
- 2 tsp sriracha or garlic-chili sauce
- 2 tsp soy sauce
- 4 slices bread (whatever kind you love most)
- 1-2 avocados (depending on size + how much avocado you like)
- Sesame seeds
- Spiralize the zucchini and thinly slice red onion and add them to a bowl.
- Add vinegar, sugar, sriracha and soy sauce and mix to combine. Let sit for at least 10 minutes.
- Toast bread, spread with mashed avocado (however much you want!) and top with zucchini mixture. Sprinkle with sesame seeds if desired.
If you don't have a spiralizer, you can use a vegetable peeler to make long ribbons. Or honestly? Just chop it up however you want. My only reason for doing ribbons was that it looks pretty (no shame).
The zucchini mixture stays well in the fridge for a few days, so feel free to double up for future avocado toast needs.