Looking for a creamy, warm and comforting meal? Look no further! This creamy chicken and gnocchi is made in one pot, filled with juicy chicken, pillowy gnocchi and bright sun-dried tomatoes. It is so easy to make and SO delicious!
- 2 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 1 boneless, skinless chicken thigh (~185 grams), cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 small shallot, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced or grated
- 2 tablespoons white wine
- 3/4 - 1 cup chicken stock
- 3/4 cup (130 grams) packaged gnocchi
- 1 tablespoon heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon grated parmesan cheese + more for serving
- 1 cup baby spinach
- 2 sun-dried tomatoes (optional)
- Heat 1 teaspoon olive oil over medium heat in an 8-inch saute/frying pan.
- Once oil is hot, add 1 diced chicken thigh with 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper. Cook for 5 minutes, until chicken is lightly seared. Remove chicken from pan and set aside (it's okay if chicken is not fully cooked).
- Add remaining 1 teaspoon oil to pan along with 1 small diced shallot and saute for a few minutes, until softened and light brown. Add 3 minced garlic cloves and cook for another minute.
- Add 2 tablespoons white wine (or you can replace with chicken stock) and use the liquid to scrape up any brown bits on the pan left from the chicken and aromatics. Let wine almost fully cook off and then add 3/4 cup chicken stock. Increase heat to high and bring to a boil.
- Once boiling, add 3/4 cup packaged gnocchi, 1/4 teaspoon salt and chicken to the pan. Bring back to a boil and reduce to medium heat. Let cook, uncovered, for 10 minutes. If all the liquid evaporates before gnocchi is fully cooked, add up to an additional 1/4 cup stock.
- Once pasta is fully cooked add 1 tablespoon heavy cream and 1 tablespoon grated parmesan cheese. Stir to combine.
- Turn off heat and add 1 cup chopped baby spinach and 2 chopped sun-dried tomatoes. Stir to combine, until spinach is wilted.
- Serve with more parmesan cheese and a drizzle of the sun-dried tomato oil, if desired.
- If you don't like cooking with wine you can just use a little extra chicken stock. And if you don't have any stock on hand, you can use water! Just add a little extra garlic, salt and any dried herbs you have to amp up the flavor a bit.
- This recipe will use about a third of a package of gnocchi. You can store the rest in an airtight container or abg in the fridge for a few weeks or the freezer for a few months.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Italian