Make your favorite fall coffee shop drink at home! Mix hot or iced coffee with a homemade pumpkin creamer to make a warm cafe au lait or cold brew treat. Make a big batch of the creamer to have on hand all week!
- 2 cups whole milk (or beverage of your choice - see notes!)
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 2-4 tablespoons sugar (see notes)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon flaky sea salt
- 2 cups brewed coffee
- Combine 2 cups milk, 1/4 cup heavy cream, 1/2 cup pumpkin puree, 2 tablespoons sugar (or more to taste), 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon and 1/4 teaspoon salt in a small pot.
- Set over medium heat and bring to a simmer, whisking to incorporate everything. Let simmer gently for 2-3 minutes. Don't bring to a boil - you just want it to gently heat through.
- To serve: Pour 1/2 cup pumpkin cream creamer in a glass and use a handheld frother to froth as desired. Pour 1/2 cup brewed coffee in mug, add a splash of vanilla syrup (if desired) and top with creamer. Sprinkle with pumpkin pie spice or cinnamon if desired!
- To store: Pour cooled creamer in a glass bottle or airtight container. Will last in the fridge for one week.
- You can use any kind of milk for this - notfat, almond, coconut, etc. For the best froth, I like to use either dairy milk or oat milk. The splash of heavy cream helps with this too! If froth doesn't matter to you, use whatever milk you prefer
- To make this an iced drink, just use your favorite iced coffee or cold brew. You can froth the creamer cold too.
- Add a splash of vanilla extract to the creamer if you'd like! Or even better, get some vanilla syrup and add to your finished drink for a real treat.