- 6 slices bacon, chopped
- 2 tablespoons apple cider
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons dijon mustard
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/3 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1 lb brussels spouts, trimmed and shaved
- 1 apple, peeled and shredded
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Add bacon to a cold large frying pan, and set over medium heat.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, until bacon is crisp. Turn off heat, remove from pan and let drain on paper towels.
- Pour off all but 2 tablespoons of grease in pan, and then add apple cider, lemon juice and mustard to bacon grease.
- Whisk everything to combine (be careful - it might splatter a bit!). Add olive oil and whisk again to combine. Add salt and pepper.
- In a large bowl, add shaved brussels sprouts, shredded apple and pumpkin seeds. Pour warm dressing over and toss to combine.
- Add parmesan cheese right before serving.