A super bright, punchy salad made with (mostly) pantry ingredients! Great on toast, tossed with pasta or as part of a grain bowl. So versatile!
- 2 cans artichoke hearts, drained, rinsed and patted dry
- 2 tablespoons + 1/4 cup olive oil, divided
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt, divided
- 1 can white beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 small shallot, minced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons sherry vinegar
- 1 cup chopped herbs (I used a mix of parsley, rosemary, thyme and mint)
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Combine 1 minced shallot, 1 minced garlic clove and 2 tablespoons sherry vinegar. Set aside while you prepare artichokes.
- Drizzle artichokes with 2 tablespoons olive oil and sprinkle with 1 teaspoon salt. Toss to combine and arrange on a large baking sheet.
- Roast artichokes for 20-25 minutes, or until they shrink a little and start to caramelize.
- While artichokes roast, add 1/4 cup olive oil to shallot mixture and whisk to combine.
- Add beans, herbs, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes (if using) and mix everything together. Let sit/marinate while artichokes cook.
- When artichokes are done, combine with marinated beans. Taste and adjust seasoning as needed.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.
- If you don't have fresh herbs on hand, dried will work just fine! I'd start with about 1 tablespoon to start (you can still use a mix of dried herbs) and then add from there if you want more