Looking for a new, quick and delicious side dish to go with just about anything? Look no further than my roasted maple sesame broccoli! Just a few ingredients and some time in the oven is all you need for this savory, slightly sweet, healthy(ish) roasted broccoli.
- 1 lb broccoli, cut into florets
- 3 tablespoons oil (neutral or olive oil is fine)
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- Preheat oven to 425. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large bowl, toss 1 lb broccoli with 3 tablespoons oil, 2 tablespoons maple syrup, 1 tablespoon sesame seeds and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Arrange broccoli on baking sheet, with any cut sides facing down (for maximum caramelization!).
- Roast for 20-25 minutes, until broccoli is tender, caramelized and browned. You can toss once halfway through if you want, but I rarely do!
- Remove from oven and drizzle over 1/2 teaspoon toasted sesame oil. Serve hot.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: Global