A single-serve recipe for one of my most popular recipes! Just like the original, this version is easy, very flexible and perfect for when you need a quick(ish), hands-off weeknight meal. If you're cooking for one, this will be a staple for sure!
- 1 cup gnocchi (150 grams)
- 1 cup chopped bell pepper (about 1/2 a bell pepper, or 100 grams)
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes (75 grams)
- 1/2 shallot, thinly sliced
- 2-3 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 fully cooked sausage link (optional)
- 1 tablespoon grated parmesan cheese (12 grams)
- Preheat oven to 425. Line a small (13x9) quarter sheet pan with parchment paper.
- Combine 1 cup gnocchi, 1 cup chopped bell peppers, 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, 1/2 shallot and garlic in a bowl. Add 1 tablespoon olive oil, 2 teaspoons italian seasoning and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Toss to combine everything really well, making sure all of the gnocchi is coated in oil. You can add more oil if needed.
- Arrange mixture on baking sheet and spread out into a single layer.
- Roast for 25-30 minutes, tossing once. If using sausage, add at the 15-minute mark. Cook until the peppers are caramelized and the gnocchi is slightly crisp and lightly browned.
- Sprinkle on 1 tablespoon parmesan cheese and toss to combine. Serve immediately and with more cheese if desired!
- The sausage is totally optional here, although I do like the added protein. You can use any sausage you like - pork, chicken or plant-based versions all work.
- I sometimes add a handful of chopped baby spinach at the end to sneak in some more vegetables.
- If you have any herbs, like basil or chives, they are great sprinkled on top of the final dish.