Crispy gnocchi, caramelized peppers and sausage roasted in one pan. Super easy weeknight dinner!
- 1 small red onion, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 bell peppers (any kind), cut into 1-inch pieces
- 6 garlic cloves, roughly chopped
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- 16 oz gnocchi
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 lb ground sausage
- 1/4 cup sun-dried tomatoes + 1 tablespoon oil
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh herbs (I used a mix of basil, thyme and oregano!)
- Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 425. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or foil.
- Combine 1 small chopped red onion, 2 chopped bell peppers, 1 pint cherry tomatoes, 6 cloves chopped garlic and 16oz gnocchi in a large bowl. Add 3 tablespoons oil and dried spices and toss to combine. Make sure everything gets coated with oil (especially the gnocchi!).
- Pour gnocchi and vegetables on baking sheet and spread into one layer.
- Tear 1/2 lb sausage into small pieces and add to pan (you can freehand this, or use a teaspoon to divide).
- Roast for 30 minutes, tossing once, until gnocchi is slightly crispy, tomatoes start to burst and sausage and vegetables are just caramelized. This can take anywhere from 25-40 minutes, so just keep checking!
- While everything roasts, chop up 1/4 cup sun-dried tomatoes and add to a small bowl with 1/4 cup chopped fresh herbs. Add 1 tablespoon sun-dried tomato oil and mix to combine a – it will still be mostly dry, but feel free add more oil if you’d like.
- When pan is out of the oven, top with sun-dried tomato and herb mixture and toss to combine.
- Serve with parmesan cheese and extra herbs, if desired!
- I know the 1/2 lb of sausage thing is annoying, but a full pound felt like too much! Either cook the rest of the sausage separately and keep in the fridge for another use (scrambled eggs, stir fry, etc.) or freeze the rest and use next time you make this dish (because I really think you’ll want to make this again!).
- This sheet pan gnocchi reheats well! Microwave or stove top both work great.
- Leave out the sausage to make this vegetarian. Still super delicious!