- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 bunch green onion, diced
- 10 large eggs
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 2 oz cream cheese, cut into small cubes
- 4 oz smoked salmon, cut into small pieces
- 2 tablespoons shredded gouda
- Optional: 2 tablespoons everything-but-the-bagel seasoning
- Melt butter in a 10 or 12 inch skillet (I love cast iron for frittatas) and saute red onions and the white part of green onions for 5-7 minutes until softened. While onions are cooking, in a separate bowl whisk together eggs, heavy cream, salt and pepper. Gently stir in green onions, cream cheese and salmon.
- Pour egg mixture into pan and stir once to make sure everything settles evenly. Sprinkle over gouda and sprinkle with seasoning (if using).
- Bake for 20 minutes, until top is lightly browned but center still jiggles a little (it will continue cooking for a few minutes in the pan).
- Serve warm or at room temperature.