If I could eat smoked salmon everyday, I would. Without a doubt.
If you saw my IG stories when I was in Italy then you know my mom and I actually did eat smoked salmon almost every single day of our trip. I did not go to Italy thinking that was going to happen, but honestly I’m so happy it did.
I shared one of my favorite frittatas last year, but this one definitely gives it a run for its money. Smoked salmon is one of my favorite foods and putting it in a frittata helps a little go a long way. This is such a simple dish to make, filled with just sautéd red onions, fresh scallions, salty smoked salmon and (brace yourself) cream cheese.
YES. I basically took my favorite bagel and lox situation and turned it into a frittata. If you really want to take this to a special level, add everyone’s favorite everything-but-the-bagel seasoning on top. I didn’t have any (shame!) when I took these photos, but it’s so incredibly good with this smoked salmon frittata.
Like most frittatas, this is great for breakfast, brunch, lunch or dinner. I always prefer my frittatas warm but you can definitely eat this room temp too.
Live your best frittata life!
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 bunch green onion, diced
- 10 large eggs
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 2 oz cream cheese, cut into small cubes
- 4 oz smoked salmon, cut into small pieces
- 2 tablespoons shredded gouda
- Optional: 2 tablespoons everything-but-the-bagel seasoning
- Melt butter in a 10 or 12 inch skillet (I love cast iron for frittatas) and saute red onions and the white part of green onions for 5-7 minutes until softened. While onions are cooking, in a separate bowl whisk together eggs, heavy cream, salt and pepper. Gently stir in green onions, cream cheese and salmon.
- Pour egg mixture into pan and stir once to make sure everything settles evenly. Sprinkle over gouda and sprinkle with seasoning (if using).
- Bake for 20 minutes, until top is lightly browned but center still jiggles a little (it will continue cooking for a few minutes in the pan).
- Serve warm or at room temperature.