- 3 tablespoons oil
- 1 ½ lbs skinless, boneless chicken thighs
- 1 ½ teaspoons chili powder
- 1 ½ teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ¼ cup beer/stock/water
- Corn or flour tortillas
Pickled pico de gallo
- ½ small red onion, diced
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- ¼ cup cilantro, chopped
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, diced
- Start the pico: Combine red onion, jalapeno, lime juice and vinegar in a small bowl. Mix well, cover and let sit while you cook chicken.
- Heat oil over medium-high heat. Mix together all spices in a small bowl.
- While oil is hot, sprinkle both sides of chicken pieces with half of the spice mixture. Sear chicken for 2-3 minutes on each side until brown.
- Pour in beer/stock/water, reduce heat to medium-low and cover. Cook for 15 minutes or until chicken is fully cooked through.
- Add remaining spice mixture and shred chicken in pan. Turn off heat.
- Add tomatoes and cilantro to pico and stir to combine.
- Serve chicken in warm tortillas (I love a cast iron for this), topped with pickled pico de gallo.