Classic, creamy mashed potatoes for two! Perfect for a small-batch holiday meal, or a easy side for anytime.
- 3/4 lb potatoes, peeled and cut into 2-inch chunks
- 1 teaspoon salt + more to taste
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- Black pepper to taste
- Put 3/4 lb potatoes and 1 teaspoon salt in a pot and cover with cold water. Place on high heat.
- Bring pot to a boil, reduce heat and then let simmer until potatoes are cooked through and fall apart easily, about 20-25 minutes (but you can cook longer if you want).
- Once cooked, turn off heat, drain potatoes and then immediately add back to hot pot (keep heat off).
- Add 2 tablespoons butter and 1/4 cup heavy cream and mash however you'd like - either with mixers, a handheld masher or you can even through everything in a food processor if you like! Mash to desired consistency.
- Add freshly ground black pepper and more salt to taste, if needed.