Whether you prefer cilantro over parsley or just happen to have a whole bunch to use up, this cilantro chimichurri is a bright, flavorful sauce you'll want to put on everything. It takes just 10 minutes to put together and is delicious with grilled or roasted meats, seafood and just about any vegetable!
- 2 tablespoons minced shallot
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 small jalapeno or serrano pepper, minced OR 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/2 cup minced cilantro leaves and tender stems
- 2 tablespoons minced mint
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1-2 tablespoons water
- Add 2 tablespoons minced shallot, 3 minced garlic cloves, 1 minced pepper (or 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes), 1 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon ground coriander to a small bowl. Add 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar and 1 tablespoon lime juice and stir to combine.
- Stir in 1/2 cup minced cilantro and 2 tablespoons minced mint leaves. Pour in 1/2 cup olive oil and stir to combine. Add 1-2 tablespoons water (depending on the consistency you are looking for) and stir. Let sit for at least 15 minutes before serving.
- Drizzle over steak, chicken, salmon, shrimp, roasted vegetables or anything else you like! You can also stir some of this cilantro chimichurri with mayo or greek yogurt for an easy and delicious dip.
- Store leftovers covered in the fridge for up to a week. The oil will harden up so let it sit out for a few minutes before using.