A super simple, comforting single-serve dish perfect for weeknight dinners.
- 3/4 cup chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 small shallot*, diced
- 2–4 garlic cloves, peeled and smashed
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme OR 2 springs of fresh thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons olive oil + extra for pita/naan
- 1 piece of pita bread or naan
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Combine chickpeas, onion, garlic, thyme, red pepper flakes and salt in a small oven-safe dish. Pour olive oil over everything and stir to combine.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- While chickpeas bake, cut a piece of naan or pita into wedges or strips. Brush with a little bit of oil and sprinkle with salt. Arrange on a small baking sheet.
- After 15 minutes, put pita/naan in oven next to chickpeas. Bake for 10 minutes, until chips are just crisp and chickpeas are bubbly and soft.
- Let cool for 5 minutes before eating.
Recipe adapted from Joy the Baker.
- You can sub onion for shallot if that’s all you have. You want about a 1/4 cup of diced onion.
- If you don’t want to make pita crisps, just bake the chickpeas for a full 25 minutes.
- If you have some leftover oil, save it! It’s delicious and can be used for another dish the next day.