This super flavorful (and vegan!) buffalo chickpea wrap is easy to make for lunch even on busy days, and a fun way to switch up this traditional flavor. Use the spicy buffalo chickpeas to make this as a normal wrap, or use this fun TikTok wrap technique for something different!
- 1 burrito-size tortilla
- 1/2 cup cooked chickpeas (drained and rinsed)
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup greens (I used baby spinach + some green onions and cilantro)
- 1/4 of an avocado, mashed
- 1/4 cup frozen corn (I used the Trader Joe's roasted corn)
- Jalapeno ranch for dipping
- Combine 1/2 cup chickpeas, 1 tablespoon melted butter and 1 tablespoon hot sauce in a small bowl. Using a fork, mash chickpeas until everything is combined and you have a mostly smooth mix. I like to keep a few chunks, but have it mostly creamy.
- Make a cut in your tortilla just to the center, and arrange the ingredients as follows:
- Bottom left: 1/4 of an avocado, mashed
- Top left: 1/2 cup greens of your choice
- Top right: Buffalo chickpea mixture
- Bottom right: 1/4 cup frozen corn (if you are using cheese, I'd suggest putting it on this quarter!)
- Starting with the bottom left side, fold the wrap up, across and down. So avocado goes on top of greens, that goes on top of chickpea mixture and then everything is folded down on the corn. Then you'll have a little wrap package!
- Heat 2 teaspoons oil in a skillet over medium heat. Once hot, place wrap down and cook for 2-3 minutes or until the bottom is light brown and crispy. Flip and cook for an additional 2 minutes.
- Serve warm or at room temperature, with jalapeno ranch or your favorite dipping sauce!
- I kept this vegan for fun, but cheese would obviously be delicious in this. Shredded mozzarella, colby jack, pepperjack or cheddar would all be great. Even goat cheese or blue cheese would work! If you do add cheese, I'd suggest adding it to the bottom right corner so it hits the pan directly to melt
- You can replace the corn with any other vegetable, or leave it out completely. Having an empty corner is fine!