Sheet pan dinners aren't just for big family dinners! Single-serve sheet pan meals are easy and perfect for busy weeknights. Chicken, vegetables and even rice are cooked together to make a warm, comforting and quick rice bowl!
- 1/2 sweet potato, cubed
- 5 brussels sprouts, halved
- 1 teaspoon oil, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 3 teaspoons chili garlic paste, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame seeds
- 1/3 cup rice
- 1/2 cup boiling water or hot chicken stock
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon honey
- Preheat oven to 400. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Combine sweet potato and brussels sprouts in a bowl and toss with 1/2 teaspoon oil and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Arrange separately on baking sheet.
- In the same bowl, add 2 boneless, skinless chicken thighs, remaining 1/2 teaspoon oil and 2 teaspoons chili garlic paste. Mix to coat chicken well, and then arrange those next to the vegetables on baking sheet.
- Sprinkle 1/2 teaspoon sesame seeds on sweet potatoes (or everything if you want!).
- Add 1/3 cup rice in a small oven-proof bowl or ramekin. Carefully pour in 1/2 cup boiling water or stock and stir to combine. Cover bowl tightly with foil. Nestle next to chicken and vegetables on pan.
- Put everything in oven and bake for 20-25 minutes, or until vegetables are tender and caramelized and chicken is cooked through. Let rice cool for 5 minutes (still covered) and then fluff with a fork.
- While everything is cooking, combine remaining 1 teaspoon of chili garlic paste with 2 teaspoons soy sauce, 1 teaspoon lime juice and 1/2 teaspoon honey.
- Add rice to bowl, topped with vegetables and sliced chicken. Drizzle on as much sauce as you'd like. Top with more sesame seeds and green onions, if desired!