This crispy baked herb crusted salmon is the perfect quick dinner for one. A salmon fillet spread with a mix of mayo and mustard and topped with a crispy, herb panko crust. Serve with a house salad and your favorite sides.
- 1 4-6oz salmon fillet, skin on or off
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons panko breadcrumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon dried dill
- 2 teaspoons grated parmesan (optional)
- Preheat oven to 425. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place salmon fillet on baking sheet and season with 1/4 teaspoon salt, 1/8 teaspoon black pepper and 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder.
- Add 1 teaspoon mayo and 1/2 teaspoon mustard and spread all over top of salmon.
- In a small bowl, combine 1 tablespoon melted butter with 2 tablespoons panko breadcrumbs, 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley, 1/2 teaspoon dried dill and 2 teaspoons grated parmesan (if using).
- Add breadcrumb mixture to salmon, pressing gently to make sure it adheres to the top.
- Bake salmon for 10-12 minutes, until top is golden brown and salmon is fully cooked.
- I generally leave the skin on the salmon as I think it keeps the fish more moist and helps to keep everything together, but if you prefer to cook with skinless salmon that will absolutely work.
- You can use all parsley or all dill if you don't have and/or like both. I find dried herbs work best with this dish, but if you have some fresh herbs you need to use up, you can use up to a tablespoon of finely chopped herbs here.
- If the breadcrumbs look a little dry, you can either add a little more butter (I wouldn't do more than a teaspoon) or spray a little cooking oil over the top right before it goes into the oven.
- See post above for ingredient substitution ideas!
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Main
- Method: Oven