A classic chicken pot pie for one, made with rotisserie chicken and frozen vegetables under a flaky biscuit crust. This is an easy single-serve, comfort food recipe that anyone can make!
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 small shallot, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 oz (~1/2 cup) cooked chicken, diced or shredded
- 4 oz (~1/2 cup) frozen peas and carrots
- 2 teaspoons flour
- 3/4 cup chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon heavy cream
- 1 refrigerated biscuit
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Melt 1 tablespoon butter in a small frying pan or saute pan over medium heat. Add 1 small diced shallot and saute for 5 minutes, until they just start to brown. Add 2 minced garlic cloves and cook for another minute.
- Add 1 teaspoon dried parsley, 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme, and 1/4 teaspoon each of ground mustard, red pepper flakes and salt and cook for another minute.
- Add 4 ounces (about 1/2 cup) each diced chicken and frozen vegetables and toss to coat. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle over 2 teaspoons of flour and toss to coat everything.
- Increase heat and pour in 3/4 cup chicken stock. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add 1 tablespoon heavy cream, stir to combine and turn off heat.
- Pour filling into a small ramekin (I use a 8 ounce size). Top with biscuit. If needed, you can flatten the biscuit a little to help it spread out - you want it to cover most of the filling!
- If desired, brush a little extra heavy cream or butter on top of biscuit.
- Bake for 20 minutes, until biscuit is golden brown and filling is bubbly.
- Let cool for a few minutes before eating.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American