Looking for a new way to enjoy sweet potatoes? These gochujang roasted sweet potatoes are the perfect side dish. Sweet and a little spicy, these guys pack so much flavor in each bite!
- 1 lb sweet potatoes, cut into wedges
- 2 tablespoons neutral oil (I use avocado!)
- 1-2 tablespoons gochujang paste (see note below)
- 1 tablespoon honey or sugar
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds + more for garnish
- Flaky sea salt
- Preheat oven to 425.
- In a large bowl mix together 2 tablespoons oil, 1-2 tablespoons gochujang, 1 tablespoon honey (or sugar), 2 teaspoons soy sauce, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 2 teaspoons sesame seeds. Add 1 lb sweet potatoes and toss to combine, making sure all the pieces get coated.
- Arrange in a single layer on a lined baking sheet and roast for 25-30 minutes, tossing at least once, until potatoes are caramelized on the outside and tender on the inside.
- When potatoes are done to your liking, remove from oven and immediately sprinkle with flaky sea salt and more sesame seeds, if desired.
- Serve hot!
- Any kind of sweet potato will work here. I don't usually peel my sweet potatoes, but you can if you prefer to. I like to cut mine into wedges, but you can also cut them into rounds, cubes, etc. Just adjust the baking time as necessary depending on big the potatoes are cut.
- Most gochujang pastes are fairly spicy so scale the amount you use up or down to suit your preference.
- This recipe is super easy to scale up for a crowd, although you might have to use a couple of baking sheets to ensure everything stays in one layer (to ensure maximum crispiness!)
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: Asian
Keywords: gochujang, sweet potatoes, roasted sweet potatoes, gochujang potatoes