A great easy (but fancy looking!) side dish. Serve warm or at room temperature alongside chicken, fish or your favorite vegetarian main.
- 1 large cabbage
- 1/4 cup + 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons orange marmalade
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 garlic clove
- 1-inch ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Flaky sea salt
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Cut 1 large cabbage into thick steaks, keeping the core intact to ensure they stay together.
- Drizzle 1 tablespoon olive oil onto a large baking sheet and place cabbage down in one layer. Drizzle with the remaining 2 tablespoons oil, and season with 1 teaspoon each of salt and pepper.
- Roast cabbage for 25-30 minutes, flipping once, until cores are very soft and outter leaves are caramelized.
- While cabbage roasts, whisk together 2 tablespoons each of orange marmalade and apple cider vinegar. Add 1/2 teaspoon mustard, and grate in 1 garlic clove and 1-inch peeled ginger and mix to combine.
- Slowly whisk in 1/4 cup of olive oil until dressing comes together. Season with salt and pepper to taste, and 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes.
- Arrange cabbage on a large platter, drizzle some of the dressing on top and sprinkle with a little flaky sea salt. Serve with more dressing on the side.