- 1 ½ lbs carrots
- 1 tablespoon oil (any kind)
- ¼ teaspoon salt
For the aioli:
- ¼ cup vegan mayo
- 1 garlic clove, minced or grated
- 1 tablespoon harissa paste
- ¼ cup olive oil
- Juice from ½ lemon
- Wash carrots really well and dry. I don’t peel my carrots, but you can if you’d like to.
- Arrange on a baking sheet and toss with oil and salt. Bake for 30-40 minutes, turning once, until cooked through and caramelized. The time will depend on the size of your carrots, so start checking around 20 minutes or so.
- While carrots roast, make vegan aioli: Mix together vegan mayo, garlic clove and harissa. Slowly drizzle in olive oil while whisking to emulsify. Alternatively, you can blend everything together in a blender or food processor. Stir in lemon juice by hand.
- Remove carrots from oven and drizzle with aioli, or pour into a small bowl for dipping.
- These are great hot or at room temperature.