Crispy, roasted gnocchi tossed in brown butter infused with garlic and lemon. This is a great, simple main pasta dish but also works wonderfully as a side dish to your favorite mains. Try it with roasted chicken, fish or cauliflower steaks!
- 1 lb packaged gnocchi
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- Chives, for topping
- Preheat oven to 425.
- In a large bowl, toss 1 lb gnocchi with 1 tablespoon oil and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Toss really well to make sure all of the gnocchi is coated with oil. If it looks a little dry, feel free to drizzle a little more on.
- Spread gnocchi out in a single layer on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Roast for 20-25 minutes, tossing once, until gnocchi is light brown and crisp, but still a little chewy. They will continue to crisp outside the oven as well, so don't take them too far! Remove from oven and set aside while you make the brown butter.
- Melt 2 tablespoons butter in a small skillet over medium-high heat. Allow butter to cook until amber in color and it starts to smell nutty. It's a small amount of butter, so this won't take long at all. Once butter is browned, take off the heat and add 2 minced garlic cloves and 1 teaspoon lemon zest. Let garlic and lemon zest sizzle for 1 minute.
- Add roasted gnocchi back to bowl you used earlier and pour brown butter on top. Toss well. Taste and add more salt if needed. Top with finely chopped chives. Serve warm!
- This dish is best eaten fresh out of the oven, but leftovers can be stored in the fridge for up to 5 days. Reheat leftovers in the oven or on the stove for best results.