Make spicy watermelon frosé for your next at-home happy hour. You just need a bottle of your favorite rosé, some juicy watermelon and a spicy-but-not-too-spicy jalapeño simple syrup for this summer staple. You'll be making this frosé all season long!
Spicy jalapeno simple syrup
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 jalapeño, roughly chopped
Spicy watermelon frosé
- 1 750ml bottle rosé wine
- 2 cups cubed watermelon
- 1/4 cup lime or lemon juice
- 1/4-1/2 cup spicy jalapeno simple syrup
The night before:
- Pour 1 750ml bottle of rosé into 2 ice cube trays. Freeze overnight.
- Make spicy jalapeño simple syrup: Bring 1/2 cup sugar, 1/2 cup water and 1 roughly chopped jalapeño to a boil. Reduce heat to low and let simmer for 10 minutes. Let cool completely before straining. Syrup will keep in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.
Make spicy watermelon frosé:
- Add 2 cups cubed watermelon to blender. Blend on high until you have watermelon juice. You can strain it out and then put it back in the blender if you want, but I don't bother.
- Add 1/4 cup lime or lemon juice, rosé ice cubes and 1/4 cup spicy simple syrup. Blend until combined and thick. If the consistency is too thin, throw in a few ice cubes. If it's too thick, just let it sit for a few minutes (or if you really want, crack open another bottle of rosé and add a splash!).
- Taste and add more simple syrup or lime/lemon juice if desired.
- Serve frozen (duh)!