Make spicy watermelon frosé for your next at-home happy hour. All you need is a bottle of your favorite rosé, some juicy watermelon and a spicy-but-not-too-spicy jalapeno simple syrup for this summer staple. You’ll be making this frosé all season long!
Don’t forget about my FREE eBook with five more rosé cocktail recipes! Sign up here or below!Print
Make spicy watermelon frosé for your next at-home happy hour. You just need a bottle of your favorite rosé, some juicy watermelon and a spicy-but-not-too-spicy jalapeño simple syrup for this summer staple. You’ll be making this frosé all season long!
Spicy jalapeno simple syrup
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 jalapeño, roughly chopped
Spicy watermelon frosé
- 1 750ml bottle rosé wine
- 2 cups cubed watermelon
- 1/4 cup lime or lemon juice
- 1/4–1/2 cup spicy jalapeno simple syrup
The night before:
- Pour 1 750ml bottle of rosé into 2 ice cube trays. Freeze overnight.
- Make spicy jalapeño simple syrup: Bring 1/2 cup sugar, 1/2 cup water and 1 roughly chopped jalapeño to a boil. Reduce heat to low and let simmer for 10 minutes. Let cool completely before straining. Syrup will keep in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.
Make spicy watermelon frosé:
- Add 2 cups cubed watermelon to blender. Blend on high until you have watermelon juice. You can strain it out and then put it back in the blender if you want, but I don’t bother.
- Add 1/4 cup lime or lemon juice, rosé ice cubes and 1/4 cup spicy simple syrup. Blend until combined and thick. If the consistency is too thin, throw in a few ice cubes. If it’s too thick, just let it sit for a few minutes (or if you really want, crack open another bottle of rosé and add a splash!).
- Taste and add more simple syrup or lime/lemon juice if desired.
- Serve frozen (duh)!
If there was ever a time for ROSÉ WEEK, it’s now. I need this. You need this. We all need this.
So, welcome. I’m so happy you’re here.
If you are new (hello!), you’re probably wondering what the heck rosé week is and don’t we have more important things to worry about?? The answer is it’s a week of recipes featuring everyone’s favorite summer wine, and YES of course there are more important things going on, but I do think it’s okay to give yourself permission to find joy where you can in the small stuff.
Like always, we’re kicking things off with FROSÉ. That frozen drink that’s just begging to be consumed by the pool. This year we’ve got a slightly-spicy version that is so drinkable, I can’t even explain.
How to make frosé
There are quite a few ways to make frosé aka frozen rosé. I get the consistency I like best from freezing rosé overnight to make rosé ice cubes. After that you’re just blending it with whatever you want to make a light, refreshing drink perfect for summer.
Whether it be strawberry, mango or this watermelon version, fruit is always a good add. But totally not necessary. Try just the wine, a little sugar and lemon juice for a super simple frosé that takes no time at all.
I like to use simple syrup for sweetness in most of my cocktails, but I REALLY like to use it here because you can flavor the sugar and really turn your frosé into something special. I thought a spicy jalapeño version would go so well with the sweet watermelon, and I was right (if I do say so myself)! I promise this isn’t a spicy drink, but if you’re concerned just use less jalapeño or totally remove it.
How to serve frosé
So many ways! I have these bodega style glasses I use for everything, from water to beer to smoothies. But you can also serve these in wine glasses or fun coups too! Or maybe just stick a straw in the blender? I fully support that.
Frosé is perfect for any occasion, from a simple happy hour to a (socially distanced!) picnic. One of the truly beautiful things about this frozen drink is you can make it advance! Just blend it up and throw it right back in the freezer until you need it. When you’re ready to drink, either take it out and let it sit for a few minutes until you can pour/scoop into glasses OR throw it right back in the blender and blend for a few seconds to bring together. Ta da!
But (imagine infomercial voice here, please)…
THAT’S NOT ALL!
If you’re in the mood for even MORE rosé (of course you are), I’ve got a FREE ebook with five more cocktail recipes for you! All using rosé in some form or fashion.
Yes, you read that all right. ROSÉ. COCKTAILS. FREE.
Sign up below to get yours!! You’ll also be signed up for my (new!) newsletter, but I promise I’ll never spam you. And, of course, you can unsubscribe at any time. 🙂
See you tomorrow!