An almost fancy salad for one with perfectly seared steak, juicy cherries and easy parmesan crisps.
- 4 oz steak
- 3 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 1/4 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons finely grated parmesan cheese
- 2-3 cups arugula
- 1/2 teaspoon champagne vinegar
- 5 cherries, pitted and halved
- 2 teaspoons sunflower seeds
- Balsamic glaze (optional)
- Heat a medium sized nonstick pan to medium high heat. Sprinkle steak on both sides with salt and pepper, and rub with oil.
- Once pan is hot, sear steak for 4-5 minutes, flipping once. Remove and let rest while you prepare rest of salad.
- Let pan cool down for a minute, then wipe out with a paper towel and place over medium heat.
- Using the tablespoon measure, place three rounded piles of parmesan in pan. Let cook until cheese melts and flattens, about 4 minutes.
- Place arugula in bowl, and toss with olive oil and vinegar. Season with a little salt.
- Top with sliced steak, parmesan crisps, cherries and sunflower seeds. Drizzle a little balsamic glaze if desired.
- Eat immediately!
If you have leftover steak, definitely use it. This is the perfect recipe for it! Depending on how much arugula you use, you might decide you need a tiny bit more oil. Feel free to drizzle a little more until the leaves are all perfectly coated.
Keywords: cooking for one, steak salad, steak, single serve recipes, salad recipes