A Fall-inspired take on my favorite cocktail: the Paper Plane. Replace the Nonino Amaro with apple cider and you have the perfect drink for the season!Print
A Fall-inspired take on my favorite cocktail: the Paper Plane. Replace the Nonino Amaro with apple cider and you have the perfect drink for the season!
- 1 ½oz (3 tablespoons) apple cider
- 1oz (2 tablespoons) bourbon
- 1oz (2 tablespoons) Aperol
- ½oz (1 tablespoon) lemon juice
- Dried apple slices (optional)
- Combine 1 ½ ounces apple cider, 1 ounce bourbon, 1 ounce Aperol and ½ ounce lemon juice in a shaker with ice. Shake for at least 30 seconds. Strain into glass of your choice, top with a dried apple slice and enjoy. Cheers!
Need a fun new Fall-inspired cocktail?
I got you!
Over the past few months, I've been borderline obsessed with the Paper Plane. Equal parts bourbon, Nonino Amaro, Aperol and lemon juice, it's basically my perfect cocktail.
The only issue is that Nonino Amaro is NOT the easiest thing to find! Especially in the middle of a pandemic (whew). I have had luck finding it in bigger liquor stores around me, but they often only have 1-2 bottles so it feels like pure luck grabbing one.
But today we're solving the problem by replacing the Amaro with apple cider! I mean, it's Fall so of course we are.
I did mess with the ratio a bit to help balance the flavors a bit, but it's still easy, refreshing and PERFECT.