- ¼ cup lemon juice
- ¼ cup lime juice
- ½ cup bourbon/whiskey
- ½ cup ginger syrup (below)
- 1 cup/ 4 oz ginger, chopped
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 ½ cups water
- Combine lemon juice, lime juice, bourbon and ginger syrup in a pitcher. If not serving right away, cover and let sit in fridge until ready.
- To serve, shake with tons of ice and add a cherry (if you want!)
To make ginger syrup:
- Combine ginger, sugar and water in a small pan.
- Bring to a boil, and then reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Let cool and then strain out ginger.
- Extra syrup will stay in the fridge for two weeks!
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
It's been a while since I shared a cocktail recipe, huh? I'd try to make this a weekly thing if I wasn't concerned about dying during the "testing" process.
This time of year everyone starts talking about patio happy hours, rooftop drinks and the like. And you know what? THAT INCLUDES ME.
Give me alllll the patio happy hours and rooftop drinks. Can I bring my dog? Even better. Please and thank you.
This ginger whiskey sour is my take on one of my favorite cocktails. I didn't think I'd ever love whiskey + citrus together, but the result is so refreshing. The ginger simple syrup here adds the tiniest kick, but is addicting in the best way.
I hope you spend all spring and summer drinking ginger whiskey sours.
As the kids say....#goals.
P.S. I really really hope you love this drink enough to ignore the fact that all of these photos are crooked because my photography skills are very much a work in progress.