Fajita-style spiced pork chops, cooked with sliced peppers in one skillet. This 30-minute meal is an easy weeknight meal for even your busiest days!Print
Skillet fajita pork chops and peppers
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
Fajita-style spiced pork chops, cooked with sliced peppers in one skillet. This 30-minute meal is an easy weeknight meal for even your busiest days!
- 2 tablespoons oil, divided
- 1 small red onion, sliced
- 1 poblano pepper, sliced
- 3 bell peppers (any color), sliced
- 4 boneless pork chops
- 1 ½ teaspoons salt
- 1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon house seasoning (see note)
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add 1 sliced red onion, 1 sliced poblano pepper and 3 sliced bell peppers. Cook for about 10 minutes, until onions and pepper are soft and start to brown/char. Remove from pan and set aside.
- While peppers cook, pat 4 boneless pork chops dry with a paper towel and sprinkle with 1 ½ teaspoons of salt all over. Rub each with 1 teaspoon of seasoning on one side only.
- Add remaining 1 tablespoon of oil to pan. Add pork chops, seasoned side down. Let cook for 2-3 minutes, until browned.
- Flip pork chops and add peppers back to pan, arranging them around chops (as opposed to on top) as much as possible.
- Put pan in oven and bake for 5-10 minutes, until pork chops register 145 degrees.
- Let rest for 5 minutes before serving.
- If you don't happen to have house seasoning on hand, mix the following together: 2 teaspoons chili powder, 1 teaspoon garlic powder, 1 teaspoon ground cumin, 1 teaspoon brown sugar, ½ teaspoon smoked paprika, ½ teaspoon onion powder, ¼ teaspoon ground coriander, pinch of cayenne pepper
- I highly recommend getting a meat thermometer so you can cook the pork chops to the right temperature. If you don't have one, just check them after 5 minutes by cutting into one. You don't want them to be pink at all on the inside!
Are you ready for quite possibly one of the easiest meals EVER?!
I know I say that a lot, but I do really mean it. If you read the recipe above, you'll see. Aside from having to mix up a couple of spices (which, if you happen to keep my house seasoning on hand, you don't even have to do!), this meal literally takes like zero effort.
Okay, maybe not zero. But definitely less than 5 on a scale of 1-10.
Let's break it down, shall we?
Cook up some onions and peppers. I'm partial to any bell pepper that isn't green plus an added poblano. But you use what you have. If you happen to have a bag of frozen sliced peppers, use those!
While those peppers cook up a bit, take that spice blend and rub it on ONE side of your pork chops. It's going to feel like a lot, but that means you're doing it right. You want a layer of spice on there to create a crust of sorts. It might look burnt in the end, but it's literally just a layer of flavor. SO GOOD.
Peppers come out, chops go in for a quick sear (again, that crust!) and then everything comes together for the last few minutes in the oven.
Like, what? So easy!
You can serve this as-is, or with bread, rice, or whatever other carb you're into that day. Maybe some roasted cauliflower if you're feeling it? Whatever you want and whatever you have on hand! It's the middle of the week - don't make this stressful at all, okay?
Leave a Comment