Cinnamon pear brandy spritz
- Prep Time: 5
- Cook Time: 15
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 1 (easily multiplied) 1x
An easy sparkling drink sweetened with a cinnamon-pear simple syrup. Great for holiday parties!
Cinnamon-pear simple syrup (makes enough for 4-6 drinks):
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup water
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 pear, diced
For the cocktail:
- 1 ½ oz (3 tablespoons) brandy
- 1 oz (2 tablespoons) cinnamon-pear simple syrup
- ½ oz (1 tablespoon) lemon juice
- Prosecco to top
Make the simple syrup:
- Add the sugar, water, pear and cinnamon to a small saucepan. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and let simmer for 10 minute. Take off heat and let cool completely before straining. Syrup keeps well in the fridge for 1-2 weeks.
- Combine brandy, syrup and lemon juice in a shaker with ice. Shake for 30 seconds or until outside of shaker gets uncomfortably cold.
- Pour into glass and top with prosecco!
If you don't like prosecco, regular champagne will work too. Or even sparkling water or club soda!
It's cocktail time!
And while, yes, I am pretty much always sipping on some prosecco, I promise this one is a little extra special.
I used my favorite local brandy, and shook it up with a little lemon juice and (this is the clincher) a cinnamon-pear spiced simple syrup. So warming and holiday-ish and perfect. Top with your favorite bubbly (aforementioned prosecco! champagne! club soda!) and you've got yourself the perfect little holiday cocktail party sipper.
I want this now. I want this on Christmas. I want this on New Years Eve.
And then maybe I'll drink some water. Maybe.
Remember last year when I said I always wanted to host a holiday cocktail party? I remember writing that and literally saying to myself, next year I'm going to do it. 2019 is my year!
2019 was not my year. I definitely could have hosted a party. I CHOSE to watch Love Actually and The Holiday by myself. It's tradition. You can't argue with tradition!
Luckily, I can (and will) make this drink by myself or with friends. It's adaptable like that. You can make the syrup daaaaays in advance, and when the time comes just pop open a bottle of sparkling something and get shaking (the rest of the ingredients. maybe don't shake the prosecco?).
Happy happy holidays!
Leave a Comment