Summer on a plate! Grilled peaches and juicy tomatoes paired with creamy mozzarella and salty prosciutto, drizzled with the most flavorful basil vinaigrette.Print
Summer on a plate! Grilled peaches and juicy tomatoes paired with creamy mozzarella and salty prosciutto, drizzled with the most flavorful basil vinaigrette.
- 3 peaches, halved and pitted
- ½ cup + 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2-3 tomatoes (your favorite kind), cut into wedges
- 1-2 fresh mozzarella balls
- 2 oz prosciutto
- 2 cups basil leaves + more for platter
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- Brush peaches with 2 teaspoons olive oil. Grill over medium-high heat until flesh is charred. Remove, let cool slightly and then cut into wedges.
- Arrange peaches, tomatoes and mozzarella on a large platter. Add prosciutto and a few basil leaves.
- Combine 2 cups basil leaves, garlic, lemon juice, salt, pepper in a blender or food processor and pulse to combine. Add olive oil and blend until everything comes together. Taste and adjust salt as needed - you want this to be super punchy and flavorful!
- Drizzle platter with basil vinaigrette, serving the rest on the side.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
I've done caprese before, and I'm sure I'll do it again. It's a summer staple we've all come to know and love.
I've been wanting to do a grilled peach version for a while, but there was always one little hiccup in my plan. I, uh, don't have a grill. Luckily, for all us little apartment dwellers out here, the grill pan situation has seriously improved. You might not get that super smoky flavor when grilling a steak, but for my simple peach needs? Perfect!
I couldn't JUST add grilled peaches and call it a day though (I mean, maybe I could?). So this baby is packed with everything: Those juicy, grilled peaches, the ripest tomatoes you can find, creamy mozz, fresh basil leaves and salty prosciutto. YES.
And then. AND THEN.
Everything is drizzled with the most flavorful basil vinaigrette. Super lemony and punchy, it perfectly cuts through all the goodness on the platter and brings everything to life. I love it so much. And extra is great tossed with pasta! It's all very exciting!!
Take advantage of all the great summer ingredients and make yourself the best meal this week. It may feel like a million degrees outside, but sometimes it's worth it, you know?