These salted tahini chocolate chunk blondies are quite possibly my perfect dessert! Classic blondies are elevated with tahini and gooey chocolate chunks of chocolate for a perfect, not-too-sweet bar finished with a sprinkling of flaky saltPrint
Salted Tahini Chocolate Chunk Blondies
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 1 9x13 pan 1x
Easy one-bowl, 30-ish minute tahini blondies filled with chocolate goodness!
- 1 ½ sticks butter
- ½ cup + 2 tablespoons tahini
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup chocolate chunks (I like dark or semisweet chocolate)
- Flaky sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350. Line a 9x13 pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- Melt butter however you’d like (stove or microwave) and whisk in the ½ cup of tahini until combined.
- Add sugars and whisk together until a grainy paste forms. Add eggs, one at a time and mix to combine. Add vanilla and salt and combine.
- Add flour and baking powder and stir together using a spatula. If the dough still seems a little warm at this point, feel free to stick it in the fridge for a few minutes before adding the chocolate (or don't and let it melt a little - no worries!). Fold in chocolate chunks. Gently stir in remaining 2 tablespoons of tahini to create a ribbon of tahini throughout batter.
- Pour batter into pan and spread out into an even layer. Sprinkle with flaky sea salt. Bake for 20-22 minutes, until the middle is just set.
- Let cool completely before slicing.
Recipe inspired by/adapted from Smitten Kitchen and Half Baked Harvest
- You can absolutely halve this recipe and make it an 8x8 pan. Or better yet, don't halve the recipe and still make it in an 8x8 pan for the thickest, most delicious blondies on earth. Just add on to that baking time to make sure they cook through!
- Runny tahini works best here, but pretty much any brand will do. I love Soom and Trader Joe brands!
You guys. I'm so tired.
Almost too tired to even tell you about these salted tahini chocolate chunk blondies.
But I'm going to rally because....SALTED TAHINI CHOCOLATE CHUNK BLONDIES.
These are so, so good and only fuel the fire in me to add tahini to everything. Like, seriously everything. I'm this close to pouring tahini over cereal. And I'm only kind of kidding!!
In desserts like this, tahini makes the perfect sub for peanut butter (a thing I cannot have), but also provides a slight savory flavor that I adore. It's a little nutty, but mixed with the glorious brown sugar in here the flavors turn more caramel-like which is absolutely not the worst thing in the world.
And we haven't even talked about the large, melty chocolate chunks. Or the sprinkling of flaky sea salt that brings it all together.
It's fine. We don't have to talk about that.
I love making blondies and/or brownies because my favorite recipes are always super easy, generally use just one bowl and can be thrown together sans a mixer of any sort. You're just melting butter and tahini, whisking in sugar, eggs and vanilla and then stirring in flour. That's basically it!! You can do it in a bowl or you can do it in a pot on the stove. You can let the mix cool down before adding the chocolate, or you can be an impatient little bear and fold them in when the batter is still a tiny bit warm, resulting in ribbons of chocolate.
Make a pan today and enjoy them all weekend. They're great with coffee, ice cream and everything in between.
Leave a Comment