OMG HI! Super happy you're here because IT'S ROSÉ WEEK!!!
Last summer I decided I wanted Rosé Week to be a thing, and it's only taken me a whole year to do it! If this isn't the absolute best way to kick off to summer, I don't know what is.
This week I will be sharing a new recipe every (!) single (!) day (!!) that features everyone's favorite summertime drink. From cocktails - hello today's frosé - to baked goods to dinner (YES DINNER) we're pouring that sweet pink drink into everything.
I had so much fun developing these recipes, and I'm not just saying that because I blew through SO MANY bottles of rosé in the process.
So. Today's strawberry lime frosé! I thought about kicking this week off with a super cool, new and inventive way to use rosé, but then I was like "nah everybody really just wants to drink frosé" so this really felt like the right choice here.
Since it's officially summer I say Frosé Mondays can be a thing. Mondays are never going away so we might as well make them fun and start looking forward to the day, you know?
You definitely know.
So easy and refreshing and (the best part) (in my opinion) customizable. Today we're using frozen strawberries to create a super thick and frosty frosé, hit with a hint of fresh lime juice and a quick simple syrup.
One common thread you'll see this week - aside from rosé, duh - is strawberries. I just kept gravitating towards them because I love the pairing. But if you're not feeling it, you could definitely use some raspberries, or even watermelon to make this drink. And if you're not sure about the lime, feel free to start with just a tablespoon or two and just taste as you go. As I've said before, use the recipe below as a blueprint.
It's just frosé - do what feels right!
- I (750mL) bottle rose
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 2 cups frozen strawberries
- ⅓ cup lime juice
- The night before pour the bottle of rosé into two ice cube trays and freeze.
- Combine the sugar and water in a small saucepan and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer for 10 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool.
- Combine rosé ice cubes, frozen strawberries, ½ cup of sugar syrup and lime juice in a blender. Blend on high until everything is combined and slushy-like. If the consistency seems too thick, add a bit of rosé (good reason to have some extra bottles around) to thin it out. If it seems to thin, add a few ice cubes (or more frozen strawberries) to thicken it up.
- Taste and add more sugar syrup, lime or even a few more strawberries if you like.
- Serve immediately or keep in freezer to use later.
This is a great drink to make for a crowd and can be made in advance. Keep the finished drink in the freezer in a closed container. When ready to drink, take out and break up with a wooden spoon. Pour it all back into your blender and blend for a few seconds until it’s back to the correct consistency. If you need to thin it out, add some more wine OR just let it sit for a few minutes to allow some of it to melt a bit.
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
If you're into this strawberry lime frosé, check these out: